Christopher: ‘This quick, healthy one-pot stew will satisfy even the hungriest man; it will considerably add to your five a day and it doesn’t slack on the flavour front!’
This recipe is so simple and only takes twenty five minutes from the first chop of the knife. No excuses – get cooking some fresh, hearty, home-made stew 🙂
This dinner dish takes: 25 minutes
Half a chorizo sausage thinly sliced
One onion diced
Two large garlic cloves crushed
Three carrots peeled and thinly sliced
Three celery sticks sliced
One bag of supermarket spinach
400g can of chickpeas
Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Two teaspoons of hot ground paprika
One teaspoon of dried thyme
A drizzle of olive oil
Pint of chicken stock
Crusty bread to serve
1. In some oil; Cook the onion and garlic in a large pot until softened, should take about 5 minutes.
2. Add the celery and carrot, season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes
3. Add the chorizo and spices and cook until the chorizo has started to brown
4. Add the chickpeas, spinach and stock and simmer for 10 minutes
5. Serve with thick crusty bread
This dish serves:
2 hungry people looking for a ‘fibre-filled’ dinner.
Did you guys enjoy this dish? Did you add anything to it? Let us know in the comments below!