Christopher: ‘To be honest I made this one late on a Saturday night after way too much beer…. It’s amazing it managed to be half way passable. Luckily it’s very simple and takes minimal effort. If I can do it drunk then you lovely readers should be able to make it twice as good sober.’
This dinner dish takes: 25 drunken minutes to make
One onion chopped
Good glug of Olive oil
Teaspoon of Dried rosemary
Two large garlic cloves crushed
500g carton of passata
One can of drained Butter beans
One shredded cabbage (i used white, in hindsight use savoy or green cabbage)
Pinch of sugar
Half a teaspoon of chili powder
Two cod fillets (any white fish will do)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
2. In a large saucepan heat the oil and sweat off the onion and garlic.
3. Squeeze the lemon juice over the cod and season with salt and pepper, bake in foil for 20 minutes with the lemon wedges on top.
4. Add the cabbage to your saucepan and cook for a further 5 minutes
5. Add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan, season, stir and simmer until the fish is cooked.
6. Serve the cabbage bean stew topped with the cod and lemon.
This dish serves:
2 tipsy people after a metabolism boost.
Zoë likes to add chilli flakes to hers. Would you guys add anything else?